This course is aimed for ages 4-7. Kids acquire basic knowledge and practical skills to develop creative and logical thinking abilities. Kids are introduced to the fundamentals of algorithms through performing Un-plugged activities, learning basic Scratch coding concepts, and practice applying them to real life tools like BeeBot and KamiBot.
After the completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Develop a systematic way of thinking towards problems
- Practice creative and logical thinking around practical scenarios
- Familiarise themselves with real-life programming situations
- Build their confidence in classroom discussions and group activities
- Apply foundational Scratch programming at a fundamental level
- Familiarise themselves with programming at a virtual and physical layer
- Introduction to Algorithms
- Classification and Categorisation
- Pattern Recognition and Identification
- Algorithms in Real Life
- Numerical Expression in Computers
- Graphical Expression in Computers
Throughout the term, participants of the course are expected to apply basic Scratch code to program a KamiBot to accomplish essential tasks and activities.